This is my VERY FIRST meme! Thank you, Ladybug Mommy Maria!
Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I absolutely love gloomy, overcast, cool Fall days. The gloomier the better! It awakens in me all sorts of emotions/actions — a deep desire for daily Mass, nostalgia, creativity, a need to nest and create a comfortable home, a burst of cooking/baking frenzy, etc. If the sun comes out, the mood is shot.
2. I was one of those crazy people that tosses rifles in the air in our high school marching band. I tried out ONLY because my best friend begged me too (she had a crush on a band member). We both made it, and then she dropped out!! (she eventually got back in, or I would have killed her!)
3. I always hated babysitting. I was not the gushy, “oh, look at the cute baby!” types. I did my job, gritted my teeth, was sweet to the kids, and just counted down the minutes until their parents came home. Just so you know that (1) God does have a sense of humor and (2) one does not have to have the “gushy” gene to be a good Mommy!
4. I put crushed hot peppers on just about everything. Not the wimpy stuff that you get in pizza places… no, these are crushed habeneros and thai hots straight from my dad’s garden that I have dried next to my kitchen window. In my family, it ain’t a meal unless you’re cryin’!
5. Along with #4, I eat said leftovers for breakfast.
6. I go nuts in stationery and craft stores. (doesn’t everyone?) I get this from my mom… And if my husband and I didn’t have any children, we would probably be living in a big city somewhere, and I would want to own one of those funky little shops with books, jewelry, crafts, stationery, etc.
7. I love foreign movies.
8. I always put my crayons in graduated color order when I was younger (don’t laugh! It made it so much easier to find the color I wanted that way! Efficiency, people… efficiency!)
I think everyone who’s blog I read on a regular basis has already been tagged with this one… with the exception of The Theology Geek… so I tag you, my friend!